I’ve just finished the last block of the bedspread for my best friend in Australia (see (Bed)spreading the love)
and I’ve decided to be whimsical for once and give it a name. I was snowed in when we were all eight inches deep in the white stuff a couple of weeks ago, and got some good work done on it, which was partly the inspiration, but also the cotton yarn has a lovely ‘crunchy’ look. (That’s a technical term, obviously.)
I really like the individual blocks with their leaves and then the ridges.
I’m sort of tempted to do another one in a skinnier yarn just so there are more blocks to play with. I think it’d be fun to put them together a different way so they radiated out from the centre. If I wasn’t sick to the back teeth of knitting the same darn thing over and over, of course. Now just for the four miles of I-cord I need to do around the edge to finish it off nicely.