Finished! I used patterns from Sharon Miller’s Heirloom Knitting for this. I’ve been calling it the candlelight shawl, but realised the centre pattern is also known as fernleaf pattern. This fits quite nicely with the slightly botanical theme of the border, which uses fern, tree and strawberry patterns (as well as pearie flea and bead diamond). It’s ready just in time for the bump to come home from hospital wrapped in it!
I did take some detail pics as well, then realised when I came to download them that I’d got a weird shadow on them, so they will have to wait! I’m really happy with how this has blocked up and the way the border patterns have come out. I didn’t want it to be too ‘airy’ given that it’s going to have small fingers wrapped in it (not good for lace!) and I think it hits the right balance between lace and stocking stitch.